Max Cherry steps up to the Enjoy Recordings table with a track designed to make you Keep Rockin. It is a grooving slice of house, which is accompanied by a range of remixes. Franck Garcia provides a tasty remix that blurs disco and techy ideals, whilst Suave’s remix does it for jazzier floors and Cherry’s own 80s dub is a bassy revision. Cherry’s Beat Conductor release saw an outing on Enjoy Music in 2009.
Max Cherry is Paris based Maxime Bassole. In 2004, he started the Vicky Productions label with Esteban. Cherry remixed In The Club “She’s A Man” with Richard Bassole, which saw an outing on the Un Eté 2006 compilation. He also remixed Alton Miller’s Everyday I Do, released on Lace. Cherry is also a member of electro-rock outfit Hektor and hiphop duo Full Clip.
Perpignan based Franck Garcia is a classically trained musician. He is best known for his work alongside Caroline Laher aka Mlle Caro. As recording artists for Buzzin’ Fly and Crosstown Rebels, the duo have been very successful. Their second album, Left, was released on Buzzin’Fly in April 2010, which followed 2008’s Pain Disappears LP. Mlle Caro & Franck Garcia’s tracks have been remixed by the likes of Matthew Jonson, Ewan Pearson and Radio Slave.
Suave is a producer based in Languedoc-Roussillon, France. He has been responsible for a number of cool edits of soul and disco tracks, which you can find on his myspace page. He cites the likes of MAW, The Beastie Boys, Nino Ferrer and John Coltrane as influences.
- The ORIGINAL is a very danceable effort with cool keys, funked out bass work and spoken vocal commands.
- FRANCK GARCIA’S REMIX is a techy disco version, featuring a fun bassline, running synths and vocodered vocals.
- SUAVE’S REMIX opts for jazzy pianos, storming beats and crazy brass. The 80S CHERRY DUB is a bass driven version with shaky percussion, sliced vocals and driving synths.
WHAT THEY THINK:
DJ Mourad « Suave remix is brilliant!«
Desy Balmer « This is a cool EP, super beats and nice vibes – keeps you rocking all right! »
Dean Serafini « Looking forward to playing it loud »
Chuck Flask « Great Trax!!! »
Michael Fossati « Captivating track to rock the floors complete with an innovative set of remixes…«
Sammy Rock « Max Cherry has it going on with this package. »Keep Rockin » is a well produced dancefloor filler aimed for all dancers! Full support on all mixes! Bravo! »
DJ Joey Mazzola « very smoothed out! »
Rocco « Well done Franck Garcia!!! I love the vibe with the 80’s synth used in this remix: stompin !! Merci. »
- Keep Rockin’ (Original)
- Keep Rockin’ (Franck Garcia Remix)
- Keep Rockin’ (Suave Remix)
- Keep Rockin’ (80s Cherry Dub)
- Written and produced by Maxime Bassole.
- Published by Deepart Publishing.
- 2 post-produced by Franck Garcia, courtesy of Buzzin’Fly.
- 3 post-produced by Olivier Brazés.
- Artwork by Maxime Bassole.
www.idolweb.fr – firstname.lastname@example.org