Alvina Red & Manuel Perez happen to be connected to the wine producing region of Côte Vermeille, on the beautiful Catalan Coast.
It comes as no surprised that they are influenced by the wine making process, which plays a very important role in the lives of the people who live in this area.
Here, the duo bring us a very musical EP, which reflects Alvina Red’s background as a classically trained musician and the decades that Manuel Perez’s has spent as a club DJ.
- Vinestock Boogie is a grooving technoid effort. It features cool keys, mellow synth and muscular percussion.
- Bucket Express is a deeper techno cut. Shining synths, smart beats and a supporting bassline do the work here.
- Harvest Time drops the tempo a little, but does so in style. Here is a midtempo effort, where watery keys, fuzzy synths and half-step beats meet.
- The Disco Dub of Vinestock Boogie is a slightly more stripped back version. The cool key patterns are the focus on this mix.
WHAT THEY THINK:
Dean Facer « Very nice…. I will support »
Desy Balmer « The versatility of production and knoweldge of electronic music is clear to see and hear. Lovin Bucket Express and Harvest Time and any disco dub from Manu gets my vote. Cool EP. Nov is a busy month for AR & MP.
Bangana « Nice Grenache-vibes »
Garreth Sommerville « Really solid EP. ‘Vinestock Boogie » and ‘Bucket Express’ are my faves. »
Francesco Farfa « Very good job! »
Al Bradley « Loving the original of Vinestock Boogie, great slower tempo & deep grooves, wicked! The more upbeat Bucket Express is a tasty tech cut, very nice indeed. Harvest Time is my pick off this EP, really cool lower tempo vibe, really interesting space & sounds, wicked stuff. Which just leaves the dancefloor-friendly Disco Dub of Vinestock Boogie, equally as cool as the original, nice Moroder-esque feel to this. Excellent stuff. »
Sammy Rock « The duo of Alvina Red & Manuel Perez team up to bring you a house boogie track will all the right elements for open minded dancers only! Full Support! »
Mark Kavanagh « Solid EP of deep grooves and big basslines. »
Ritchie Hartness « Nice electro funk edge to this one. »
Dean Serafini « Always a creative pairing and this release proves no exception – so much diversity within the EP with Vinestock Boogie my initial favourite. »
ALVINA RED & MANUEL PEREZ
- Vinestock Boogie (original)
- Bucket Express (orchestra dub)
- Harvest Time (original)
- Vinestock Boogie (disco dub)
- Written and produced by Johanna Forsström and Manuel Perez.
- Published by GekkoMusic.
- Artwork by Joakim Persson.
- All rights reserved. A Deepart production.
IDOL – www.idolweb.fr – email@example.com